One of the essentials for any meal is some sort of bread. Instead of spending money purchasing this, learn how to make quick and easy homemade biscuits. It’s not as hard as you might think and takes very little time. These are my top 3 biscuit recipes.
BASIC BISCUIT RECIPE
Prep Time – 5 min. : Cook Time 10 min. :
2 Cups of flour (all purpose)
1/2 cup shortening ( I use Crisco butter flavored)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. baking powder
3/4 cup milk (whole is best, but any will do)
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
2. First, you are going to combine all your dry ingredients together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. Next, add shortening to the dry ingredients. Using either a pastry cutter or fork, cut through the shortening until you get course crumble consistency.
4. Add the milk, and stir until the dough starts to stick together. Your dough will be moist and soft. Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Gently flip and press until all sides are covered in flour, and no longer sticky.
5. Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut out circles by using either a glass dipped in flour, or use a round cookie cutter.
5. Cook for 10 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7-UP BISCUIT RECIPE
Prep Time – 5 min. : Cook Time 12 – 15 min.
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and grease well a large cookie sheet.
2. Combine all your ingredients together in a medium sized mixing bowl until smooth. Drop by large teaspoon onto your greased cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until golden brown. Let rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Next, pour mixture onto a floured piece of waxed paper. Now pat the dough down until it’s not sticky. If sticky, you can add a little flour as needed. Fold over, and cut with cookie cutters.
3. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 20 – 25 minutes until brown on top.
These are 3 recipes that will help you learn how to make fabulous quick and easy homemade biscuits.